Management, Senior Executive, Directors
£18,000 Per Annum
South of England
Job Title: Assistant Team Leader – Indoor
Qualifications: Not applicable
- Previous retail/customer service related experience
- Relevant product-range knowledge
- Good communication and networking skills.
- People/team leadership and development
- Planning and prioritising
- Knowledge of health & safety legislation
- IT system/data-base experience
- Good level of inter-personal skills
- Good communication skills
- Enjoyment of team-working
- Flexible ‘work ethic’
- Highly self motivated
- High standard of personal presentation
Duties and responsibilities
- Maximises the Garden Centre performance by supporting and guiding the Indoor team in order to meet Garden Centre sales/losses targets.
- Actively contributes to the achievement of budgeted sales and margins, ensuring adherence to procedures for stock ordering of non-central replenishment lines and the overall control of stock levels.
- Supports the Indoor Team to effectively store and handle products, including all stock rotation, in order to minimise losses and maximise stock availability.
- Actively supports the stock-take process by ensuring accurate and timely data is recorded/reported.
- In conjunction with Department Manager/Team Leader, constantly reviews and adjusts, where appropriate, staffing levels in order to meet the needs of the customer/business.
- Supports in the recruitment and induction of all new Indoor staff, in-line with corporate guidelines and associated budgets.
- In conjunction with Department Manager/Team Leader, identifies individual development needs and actively support in the delivery of their personal training and development plans, in-line with Garden Centre succession plans.
- Drives and supports high levels of customer service across all areas of the department for the benefit of both internal and external customers.
- Through daily ‘face to face’ communication with Indoor Team ensures a high standard of housekeeping within the department in-line with company guidelines.• Operates clear lines of communication within the team so that all Garden Centre specific information and best working practice is effectively communicated.
- Ensures all company security procedures are adhered to in order that both internal and external losses are minimised.
- Ensures a safe working environment is maintained to enable both company and legislative health and safety requirements to be met.
- To be involved in other business related activities/projects as required.