Aerospace, Systems Engineering
Principal Systems Engineer will be engaged in a wide variety of Systems Engineering activities covering the entire engineering lifecycle, including; systems definition, input to estimates and bid activities, requirements apportionment, systems architecting, integration, verification & validation.
The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated multi-disciplined Integrated Project Team with a full and stretching workload - with huge potential for personal growth and professional development.
- Adherence to the business Engineering governance e.g. policy, framework processes, design reviews
- Support to new and existing product line operations as required
- Maintaining an organised record of project related decisions, risks, actions & opportunities for audit purposes or general good practice
- The preparation of system and sub-system technical requirements and their dissemination to appropriate engineering functions
- Technical support to the development of current and future systems architectures/designs and their implementation
- Capture of design artefacts as appropriate for all stages in the engineering lifecycle appropriate for managing existing systems and for taking concepts through to production
- Degree qualified in a related Engineering discipline such as; Electronics, Electrical, Software, Systems, Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, from development and management of requirements through to acceptance testing
- Awareness of Functional analysis and Specification development
- The ability to work with other Engineering disciplines and external suppliers/customers
- Working knowledge of DOORS for requirements management.
- Experience of Model Driven Engineering approaches and the use of tools such as Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience in the Defence, or Aerospace sector.Previous experience working with communication systems
- Previous experience working with military systems.
- Previous experience with electronics assembly and testing, inclusive of RF systems
- Knowledge of military and international specifications and standards
- Experience in a Model Driven Engineering environment using modelling tools such as Matlab & Simulink.
- Previous experience working with RF systems, specifically radar sensing system design and implementation at frequencies of X-band and above.