Aerospace, Design, Initial Systems Architecture
Solutions Architect is a Technical Leadership role, where you will develop exciting leading edge, innovative training solutions from the initial concept phase through to full roll-out to the customer.
There will be an opportunity to shape and influence the development methods, working in collaboration with world class partners and Customer
In addition the Solution Architect will own the architectural roadmap for Training, considering the horizons required to support current and future Customers' needs.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Demonstrable experience as a software / solution architect.Experience in designing software for critical applications
- Using software design paradigms, specifically Micro Services, Distributed Systems, Hexagonal Architecture and Big Data Platforms.
- Practicing high quality engineering practices such as TDD, Pair programming, strong encapsulation, DevOps techniques and SOLID principles.
- Experience Working with Agile teams using SCRUM or Kanban
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured storage of data
- Creating high-level architectural roadmaps
- Translating theoretical concepts into real world designs
- Experience in influencing business and technical stakeholders to convey approaches and suggest ideas.
- Articulating complex designs to both technical and business stakeholders.
- Translating business outcomes into technical approaches.
- Building productive working relationships with technical stakeholders
- Experience working in the Defence, Aerospace or related domain.
- Experience in the design of training solutions.
- Experience building enterprise level applications or services
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience Working within a SAFe delivery construct
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience in secure development techniques.
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Remote Working: Currently the business is offering remote working, with the possibility to ensure a healthy and safe balance of remote working / on site presence in the future.