Finance & Accounting
Bournemouth & Area
The Tax Senior will work on an individual or businesses tax compliance, tax planning, income taxes and preparation of tax returns.
A Tax Senior will have to monitor and learn about emerging tax laws as well as tax planning and saving provisions.
For a Tax Senior working on tax reporting will involve complying with all necessary tax legislation and identifying any savings that minimise tax bills.
Tax Seniors compile all required government documents concerning taxes and offer solutions to pressing tax problems and are the point of contact for dealing with HMRC.
To join the personal tax team and provide tax services to a growing portfolio of 225 clients. Duties will include dealing with the compliance aspects of tax work including preparation of tax returns and computations, running a portfolio of clients, providing tax advice to clients and involvement with tax planning and projects. The role provides a variety of work as the client portfolio is diverse.#]
The ideal candidate will be committed to a career in tax and have relevant experience in a general practice firm. The successful applicant will require confidence in dealing with their colleagues, partners and clients alike and have the ability to use their own initiative and problem solve. In order to manage their own portfolio, prioritisation and organisational skills are essential to ensure all deadlines are met. Individuals must be able to work on their own initiative in this respect. As with any role it is essential that applicants have the ability to provide accurate work in a timely and cost effective manner. With this role come the pre-requisites that the candidate is motivated, committed and flexible with the ability to meet deadlines. A natural team player, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude is essential.
We are a well-established and prominent independent firm of chartered accountants in Christchurch, Dorset that is experiencing organic growth across all its services. We have strong relationships with our clients, many of whom are very long-standing. You will be joining a dedicated and stable team in an excellent working environment.
We cover the Bournemouth/Poole/Christchurch conurbation and the New Forest area, working with a varied client base that includes larger companies and groups, SMEs, professional firms and not for profit organisations.
Tax Senior role, duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of Self-Assessment Tax Returns and calculating tax liabilities
- Preparation of forms P11d and P11d (b) and S336 expenses claims calculating class 1a National Insurance
- Liaising with the Payroll Department, occasional preparation of payrolls and reviews
- Submission of Employment Related Securities (Form 42) where required
- Dealing with client, colleague and third party queries in a timely manner
- Advising on general tax planning
- Remuneration packages
- Liaising with third party professionals including solicitors, other accountants, tax advisers and independent financial advisers
- Dealing with HM Revenue and Customs
- The ability to work well under pressure and deliver results
- Managing 225 Clients dealing with personal tax
- Ideally the candidate should be ATT (Association of Taxation technicians) qualified but we would consider someone with experience or a wish to study.