Engineering & Technical, Sales & Account Management
£30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Technical Sales Specialist (Technical Sales Account Manager)
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 plus bonus scheme OTE £60k to £80k.
We are looking for a Bournemouth based Technical Sales Specialist.
As a technical sales specialist, you will use your technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of technical products and services, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
You will be responsible for producing pre-sales documentation such as presentations, bids and tenders for new clients and existing clients to help win work. However you will be supported by the team to help give you specialist content required ie UX research, Development, Technical Architecture, QA, etc
Clients are usually technical staff such as CTOs and CMOs from either larger agency groups or direct clients.
- It is essential that you have 3+ years experience selling technical solutions of a bespoke nature and with typical sales order values of £100k plus.
- You must have experience in growing accounts and manage in excess of £300k sales per annum.
- You must have experience working with large agency groups such as Ogilvy and Mather or similar.
- You must have experience dealing with large global corporate clients like Rackspace, EY, etc
As a Technical sales specialist you will be the key point of contact for clients and provide both pre and after-sales advice. You will liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as:
- senior company managers/directors.Responsibilities
The tasks carried out by technical sales engineers include:
- searching for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximising client potential in designated regions;
- developing long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements;
- persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery;
- negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs;
- calculating client quotations and administering client accounts;
- providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education;
- working on after-sales support services and providing technical back up as required;
- arranging and carrying out product training;
- analysing costs and sales;
- preparing reports for head office and keeping customer records;
- meeting regular sales targets and coordinating sales projects;
- supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events;
- making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs;
- liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts;
- helping in the design of custom-made products;
- providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team.
Depending on experience salary will range from £30,000 to £40,000 plus bonus scheme plus OTE should be £60k to £80k.